To understand how offering incentives can impact web form completion, you need to understand why people fill web forms in the first place. It might sound obvious, but you need to give people something they want so they’ll fill out your forms. The incentive you offer them will usually be some kind of reward they value. Or better: Increase the Perceived Value.
Here is what you need to know about the three reasons users fill out survey web forms:
- They wish to be of assistance.
- They are interested in the survey's topic.
- In exchange for a concrete reward, usually in the form of an incentive
Yes, there are many reasons to offer incentives for your survey web form. It may be that you want to get more responses, or that you want to retain your respondents. And of course, if cost is an issue, offering an incentive could help reduce the cost of the survey by making it more valuable to people taking the time to respond.
Here are 8 ways to increase your perceived value:
- Improve Design Aesthetics
- Raise Product Price
- Use Charm Pricing
- Emphasize Quality
- Convey Authenticity
- Leverage Influencers
- Point Out That a Product is Worth More Than You’re Charging
- Embrace Social Responsibility