It takes time to convince clients to sign a contract and appoint you as their attorney. However, that process begins with finding the right leads. Effective law firm lead generation is crucial because it establishes a continuous stream of potential clients. In addition, leads are the first step in securing your law firm’s financial security. Here are seven ways to improve your lead generation strategy and create a stable pipeline of qualified leads.
1. Create an Effective Legal Website for Your Law Firm
Today, clients browse the internet to find law firms they wish to do business with. More importantly, clients are less likely to engage businesses they cannot find online. A business website provides a point of contact between you and leads and legitimizes your business. However, you need a well-designed website to encourage clients to keep browsing. Here are several elements you should consider for legal firm lead generation.
● Professional site: Your website is your storefront on the internet. It creates the first impression. Your website should have a professional presentation that establishes your law firm as experts. It should also be accessible on desktop and mobile.
● Good user experience: Your site should be easy to navigate. Use easy-to-read fonts, navigation menus, and contacts, but avoid cluttering your page. Also, provide pages and information visitors are likely to look for. For example, your areas of expertise, contacts, blogs, your company history and mission, successes, testimonials, certifications, and community service.
● Easy-to-find contacts: Your contacts should be readily available on the homepage. Include your phone number(s), chatbots for immediate messaging, direct contact with customer service, emails, and contact forms.
● Calls-to-action: Add CTAs to the messages on your websites and submission buttons to direct visitors and encourage engagement. Remember to include your unique selling proposition.
2. Use Landing Pages to Encourage Sign-Ups and Generate Qualified Leads
While the criteria for qualifying leads for marketing and sales vary, it falls down to collecting more information about a client. Your visitors need to share contact details such as names, phone numbers, emails, locations, areas of practice, employment status, place of employment, or the number of employees in their firm. You can then use this information to follow up with a prospect and nurture them into a client with personalized marketing.
Landing pages are vital because they encourage people to take specific actions. You can link back to landing pages from other website pages, blogs, and social media posts. Here are tips for enhancing your law firm landing page:
● A good law firm landing page should have clear, actionable copy that shows your unique selling proposition.
● Use clear and relevant images to accompany the copy.
● Use clear, legible, and easy-to-fill contact forms. Be considerate of the fields in your contact forms and avoid making long contact forms that discourage signing up. Remember to also place your contact form correctly on the landing page.
● Add buttons to encourage clicks and affirm action.
3. Use the Right Software to Manage Leads
Using quality software enhances lead management for your law firm, making it easier to track qualified leads at different points of marketing and sales funnels. Have an automated system in place that tracks leads from their first point of contact with your law firm. This helps you qualify leads and prioritize leads with the highest promise.
For example, Responser tracks contact forms, including abandoned forms, to show the information a potential client has provided and if it’s possible to follow up. Furthermore, lead management software helps you generate actionable insights to help you re-strategize your marketing plans.
For instance, if most of your leads come from organic marketing, you can optimize the channel to generate better quality leads and find ways to boost other channels to perform better.
4. Provide Valuable Information
Provide valuable content before expecting leads to share information or contact you. Instead of brushing over topics, generate engaging content on your blogs, articles and social media posts to encourage discussions. Valuable information also cultivates trust, which is vital for conversions, and healthy customer relationships.
You can share blogs, case examples, newsletters, and whitepapers to encourage visitors to read and download your information. However, share a contact form with the visitor before allowing downloads, or redirect visitors to a landing page.
5. Use Reviews and Referrals
People are more likely to engage firms with a proven track record of success. Before engaging you directly, potential clients read reviews on your website, Google My Business Profiles, and social media. They also ask for referrals and trust clients that have consulted your legal services in the past.
First, be active on free review platforms such as Yelp, Google My Business, FindLaw, Yelp, Nextdoor, Justia, Nolo and Avvo. Claim free profiles on these platforms to encourage your clients to leave reviews. In addition, respond to comments on these platforms, including negative comments, to show prospective clients that you care about your reputation.
Second, serve your legal clients properly to encourage referrals. Good service is the best marketing tool you can use.
6. Use Lead Generation Services
There are a variety of pay-per-lead services that offer quality legal leads. You can purchase qualified leads for your law firm, especially if you are a new firm or a solo legal firm. However, remember you do not have control over the quality of leads or the volume. Therefore, use the leads within the right ethical standards, and establish your online presence to generate your leads.
7. Use Pay-Per-Click Ads
There are a variety of pay-per-lead services that offer quality legal leads. You can purchase qualified leads for your law firm, especially if you are a new firm or a solo legal firm. However, remember you do not control the quality of leads or the volume. Therefore, use the leads within the proper ethical standards, and establish your online presence to generate your leads.
You can also use pay-per-click (PPC) advertising to generate leads online, especially within your local areas. Create location-focused advertisements to encourage clients near you to engage you. However, to ensure your PPC ads are effective, you should:
● Invest in the right keywords: Keywords are words or phrases that users key into search boxes to find relevant results. You can use keyword research tools to find the right keywords to use in your PPC ads, blogs, social media posts, and landing pages to increase traffic to your site.
● Create landing pages: Link your PPC ads to clear, concise landing pages where visitors can be directed to learn more about your services, book consultations and contact you immediately.
Effective lead generation tactics help you create a continuous stream of clients. If done correctly, law firm lead generation leads to sustainable growth. Try these hacks today and see the difference!